FAB FRUGAL MONDAY MEALS – Avocado Tuna Sandwich
FABULOUSLY FRUGAL MEAL PLANNING – Week #9 by Kendall Rivera
Our Monday Meals Summer Series proves it is possible to eat well on a budget. We’ve collaborated with some of our favorite dietitians and food bloggers to compile our Fabulously Frugal Monday Meal series. Sign up here to try something new and tasty every week.
Spice up your lunch this week with Kendall Rivera’s delicious Avocado Tuna Sandwich. This sandwich is simple, healthy, and both quick & easy to make!
Message from Kendall:
- Safe Catch Tuna comes from sustainable tuna stocks & then each fish is INDIVIDUALLY tested for its mercury level.. how cool is that!? This company not only provides pure & healthy seafood but also keeps the protection of rivers and oceans as a top priority☝🏼
- Barely Bread replaces wheat with a blend of almond seed & coconut flours to create a dang good piece of bread packed with omega 3s and fiber! 🍞
- Primal Kitchen Food’s avocado oil-based mayo is made from cage-free (❤️) organic eggs, vinegar from Non-GMO beets, and a couple other clean ingredients… aka healthy mayo!!!
Avocado Tuna Sandwich
- 2 slices of Barely Bread
- 1 boiled egg
- Half of an avocado
- 1 oz (about a handful) of almonds 365 Whole Almonds
- A few olives
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise made with avocado oil
- ½ can of Safe Catch Tuna
- Mash all ingredients together in a bowl
- Toast the two slices of bread
- Add the mashed tuna salad to the bread & enjoy!
- 2 slices of Barely Bread ($1.87 when purchasing loaf at $14.99)
- 1 egg ($0.29 when purchasing a dozen 365 Cage Free Eggs for $3.49)
- Half of an avocado ($1.25 when purchasing whole Haas avocado for $2.50)
- 1 oz (about a handful) of almonds 365 Whole Almonds ($0.49 when purchasing a 16 oz bag for $7.99)
- A few olives ($0.02 when purchasing 6 oz can for $1.99)
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise made with avocado oil ($0.31 when purchasing a 16 oz jar for $9.99)
- ½ can of Safe Catch Tuna ($2 when purchasing can for $4)
Total recipe cost (1 serving): $6.23
Cost per serving: $6.23
*Prices taken from Whole Foods Instacart
*You can substitute other brands to reduce the cost
Hi everyone! My name is Kendall Rivera, and I am a fourth year accounting student at the University of Florida. I am very passionate about all things health and fitness related. However, being a full time student has been a struggle with balancing classes, staying fit, and eating balanced foods. I am always finding new ways to master this challenge and love sharing my tips with others! Connect with me on Instagram.
« Fab Frugal Fitness Series – Tabata 6 Steps to Figure Out What a Home is Worth »